Friday, September 2, 2011

How many people does it take?

It has been a while since I have updated because I can never decide what to write on. Lucky for somebody, I HAVE A STORY.

In case you haven't heard, I have moved to Union University, and I LOVE it. When I go to bed at night, I wonder how I lived without going to Union.. :) ANYWHO! I have a deep, deep love for Dr. Pepper. We go way back. However, there comes a time when the Dr. Pepper loses its carbonation.

So what's a girl to do but screw the top on as tight as it goes?
How tight could it possibly get?

The answer is super tight. It was so tight that three roommates and some blisters later, we decided to call on any man who could open it... or just go to the commons. At the time, no couples were hanging out on the sidewalk googly eying each other. Where are the sidewalk couples when you need them? There were no guys around so my roommates and I trekked all the way to the commons. The commons are not very close. I think it could be likened to walking across the wilderness to the Promise Land. A long forty years of ten-ish minutes.

Along the way we appeal to any person, PLEASE! Open this Dr. Pepper! I will love you forever! Alas, the efforts were futile. The cap did not budge. 

We walked into the commons and asked the nearest guy for some help. Unsuccessful. More and more people were trying.. (mostly) strong, burly men and any girl who hoped a guy loosened it up enough for her to call the victory. Nothing. Somebody pulled out some pliers and BAM. It was done!

And now, it has gotten back to not being able to be opened. Turns out, I believe, the bottle is defective. Sad day..












1 comment: